Reading Family Law Attorney
Providing Reliable Counsel for Families in Berks County and Southeastern PA
Our compassionate lawyer at the Law Office of Nikolas D. Capitano, The Leges Group LLC, is here to successfully guide you through your family dispute. Whether you are dealing with divorce proceedings, trying to obtain a fair alimony or child support settlement, or battling for custody of your children, we can provide the services you need.
Our Reading family law attorney has extensive knowledge of the laws pertaining to your matter and can help you understand your rights and legal options. With the help of our legal team, you can make informed decisions about proceeding with your case and obtain optimal results for you and your family.
As one of the most up and coming attorneys in the county, Attorney Capitano prides himself on being hardworking, smart, and ambitious.
The most professional lawyer I’ve ever worked with. Thank you very much for everything sir!- Aleksandar S.
He always informed me of everything he knows and what he was doing.- Former Client
Nikolas made sure that my best interests were always what he went after no matter how tough things were.- Leandro B.
Very professional, clear, and to the point. Explained and went above and beyond in answering in detail questions.- Caroline B.
He was there when I needed his help and responded quickly to my calls. Highly recommend!- Kimberly S.
He got the job done in a timely manner and always kept me updated!- Brianne D.
How Our Lawyers Can Help
We have experience handling a range of family legal matters, including:
- Divorce – Terminating a marriage can be a good way for both spouses to get a fresh start in life. However, getting to the next chapter is often quite challenging, especially without a qualified lawyer helping you navigate the process. Attorney Nikolas D. Capitano is here to ensure your rights remain protected and that you obtain a fair outcome.
- Child custody – When a divorce involves children, matters can become even more complicated. What type of custody arrangement is best for the child? Which parent will the child live with? When will the other parent get to spend time with the child? These are all issues that must be agreed upon, or else a decision will need to be made by a judge.
- Alimony – Another issue that arises during divorce is that of alimony. Alimony is the financial support supplied by one spouse to the other spouse after the divorce is final. The award is based on the receiving spouse's financial need for life after divorce. The amount and length of alimony is determined by the court and is based on the consideration of 17 different factors.
- Protection orders – When family disputes lead to domestic violence, the victim can petition the court for a protection order. When in place, the protection order prohibits the abuser from contacting the victim. It may also impose several other restrictions, including the inability to own or possess a firearm. If the abuser violates the rules of the protection order, he or she can be subject to arrest and penalties, such as fines and jail time.
- Mediation – Not all family legal disputes need to be resolved in the courtroom. In fact, in many cases, it is best to avoid going before a judge. This can be achieved through mediation. Mediation is the process whereby two parties meet with a third-party (the mediator) to attempt to work out their differences equitably. Divorcing spouses who can reach an agreement on all divorce-related issues can avoid the time and expense involved in going to court.
- Estate planning – Preparing for the future by creating an estate plan is an important way to ensure your assets remain protected and your loved ones are looked after. Whether through a will, trust, power of attorney, or other estate planning document, our attorney can help you ensure your wishes are carried out in the event of your incapacitation or death.
Contact Our Law Firm Today
When a family dispute arises, often there is much at stake. Time with your children, money to live on, and keeping the property that is rightfully yours are all issues you have to be concerned about.
Law Office of Nikolas D. Capitano, The Leges Group LLC is here to help you work towards an outcome that’s fair for everyone involved. If your matter cannot be resolved through mediation, we are able to be your advocate in the courtroom, ensuring your rights and interests remain protected.