Reading Alimony Attorneys
Representation for Spousal Support in Berks County
Divorce can often be a messy, painful business. Not only are you dealing with all of the emotional and mental stress of being separated, but you and your former partner must also hammer out the financial and legal matters as well.
During the transition that occurs after the divorce, it can be extremely difficult to carry on without the financial support of a spouse. When this occurs, there is an opportunity for alimony, or spousal support during the time following the separation.
In order to make sure you have the fairest opportunities to be heard and have your rights represented, seek aid from the Law Office of Nikolas D. Capitano, The Leges Group LLC. Our Reading alimony lawyer can provide you with the advocacy you need during this difficult time.
Call us today at (610) 200-6665 so that our compassionate alimony attorney can deal with your case with grace and empathy.
How Is Alimony Calculated in Reading Pennsylvania?
In a normal alimony case, a judge must look at multiple factors about the two partners' relationship, background, and previous history before deciding whether to grant alimony, as well as how much to grant.
According to Section 3701 of the Pennsylvania Divorce Code, the judge must carefully examine all these features to properly determine the extent and manner of alimony.
Some of these key factors include:
- Each of the parties’ current and past earnings, along with their potential capability of earning an income in the future
- The current ages of both parties, as well as their mental, emotional, and physical capabilities and conditions, both in the past and in the present
- Any other potential sources of financial aid for both parties, including such benefits as retirement, medical, insurance aid, or inheritances
- The potential expectancies of life, as well as conditions of the parties’ individual familial inheritances
- The length of the marriage
- The extent that one of the members of the marriage contributed to the education or career training of the other party, which could affect abilities to earn income
- Any financial expenses and obligations which one member will face as serving as the primary custodian of a child
- The level of each party’s education
- The contribution of one partner as a homemaker
- Any possible form of domestic misconduct from either one of the partners
Can Alimony be Modified in Reading?
Sometimes an initial arrangement of alimony needs to be changed, due to an alteration in one or both parties’ lives. When this occurs, the former partner can apply to have the spousal support modified, depending on the circumstances, such as one party becoming injured or disabled, or losing a source of income.
Our reliable Reading alimony attorney at the Law Office of Nikolas D. Capitano, The Leges Group LLC can make sure to support you during these changing situations as well.
Personalized & Creative Solutions for Each Case
Work With Attorney Capitano from Start to Finish
Relentless Advocacy in Pursuit of Your Legal Goals